The function and form of your penis can have an extraordinary effect on your love life. Your self-esteem can be affected if you are unable to achieve or maintain a satisfactory erection or if you feel that the size of your penis is insufficient.
Men often feel uncomfortable or embarrassed about talking to their doctor when it comes to sexual dysfunction. This is quite normal, as these issues are private and personal. Our Medical staff are very approachable and understanding, and our goal is to help each patient feel comfortable.
P-Shot, also known as the Priapus shot is a solution for patients with erectile dysfunction (ED). The P-shot has the potential to give you more sustainable erections, penis enlargement, and increase sexual stamina. P-Shot Therapy is a drug-free, non-surgical, all-natural approach to treating ED. Also known as Platelet Rich Plasma (or PRP) Therapy, this treatment harnesses the restorative power of your own cells to improve the quality of your erections, and overall sexual sensation, satisfaction, and performance.
If Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is affecting your quality of life, we can help. At Regenerative Medicine of the Rockies, we offer specially designed treatments to address the root cause of your ED and help you enjoy an active, healthy, satisfying sex life again.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is the inability to achieve and maintain an erection long enough to have sex. ED can be more than emasculating; it can ruin the quality of a man’s life. Unfortunately, it is a common condition, with over 23 million men in the US affected. Most sexually active men experience some form of ED during their lives, but these experiences are usually short-lived and resolve themselves. Persistent ED usually points to a larger health problem and has the potential to impact your quality of life severely.
What causes Erectile Dysfunction?
There are many internal systems involved in your ability to get an erection, including your blood vessels, hormones, nerves, muscles, and emotions. A problem with any one of these systems can lead to ED, but the most common is vascular disease or abnormal function of the arteries and blood vessels that bring blood to the penis.
Blood flow is critical to an erection. When a man is sexually stimulated, his arteries widen so that the penis can fill with blood and become erect. As men age, the blood vessels in the penis weaken and fill with micro-plaque, just as they do elsewhere in the body over time. These conditions hinder blood flow to the penis, resulting in weaker erections. In more severe cases, men are unable to achieve an erection at all.
How is ED Treated?
For many years, men with ED have resorted to oral medications. While these medications, such as Viagra and Cialis, provide temporary relief, they don’t address the root cause of ED and can bring unwanted side-effects and risks.
At Regenerative Medicine of the Rockies our medical staff will help you treat the root cause of your ED. Using specialized treatments, P-Shot Therapy, we can improve the health and function of the blood vessels and nerve tissues that supply blood to the penis. These groundbreaking, minimally-invasive treatments help men achieve erections on their own, naturally and spontaneously, without the aid of medication.
How does the P-Shot Therapy work for ED?
Our blood contains platelets with healing “growth factors” that provide important biological functions, such as stimulating stem cells and promoting blood vessel formation. P-Shot Therapy involves separating the healing “growth factors” in your blood and re-injecting them back into your body through shot treatment. The injection floods the area with restorative blood cells that immediately begin revitalizing the muscle, tissue, and nerves. Your body’s own natural healing growth factors work to improve the health of your erectile tissue, stimulate the formation of new blood vessels and increase blood flow to the penis, resulting in stronger erections and enhanced sensitivity.
What are the Benefits of P-Shot Therapy?
- Minimal to no side effects and risks (because it’s derived from your body’s own blood)
- Natural and non-invasive (drug, chemical, and surgery-free)
- No Discomfort and no downtime
- Long-lasting results (about one year)
- No heart-related risks (unlike Viagra and Cialis).
- Increases sensation, pleasure, and confidence
- Effectively treats Peyronies Disease (curved penis)
- Increased girth and length due to improved blood flow
- Straightened penis
- Increased circulation within the penis for a healthier organ
- Additional therapies like Shockwave, Gainswave, Viagra® or Cialis® work better
- No allergic reactions (using your own body’s fluids)
- No lumpiness
- Up to 90% improvement of erectile dysfunction
What can I expect during the Procedure?
- Numbing lidocaine cream is applied to the penis. (The procedure is virtually painless).
- Blood is drawn from the arm (just like when you have a blood test done).
- Using a specialized centrifuge, the technician will separate stem cells and growth factors from the red and white blood cells.
- The platelets are transferred into another tube where a few drops of calcium chloride solution trick the platelets into thinking that they are in the body and the body has been injured.
- The platelets release growth factors into the liquid of the tube.
- The liquid is transferred into a syringe and injected into the penis using a tiny needle and in a way that distributes the growth factors using the healing power of stem cells to enhance your sexual performance.
The stem cell growth factors then stimulate the formation of new, healthy blood vessels, allowing for better blood flow to the penis for better, fuller erections, improved sensation, and overall enhanced sexual performance and satisfaction.
As with all treatments, individual responses to ED Therapies will vary. Some patients may benefit from combining Wave and P-Shot Therapies, and possibly oral medications as well.
Who is a good Candidate for P-Shot Therapy?
This procedure takes approximately 20-30 minutes and has no downtime. Since PRP is a natural substance, there are no serious side effects. Numbing cream is used during the procedure so there is little pain if any. The P-Shot can improve your sex life and help you feel confident during intimacy.
Who is a good candidate for the P-Shot
- Any male looking to improve sexual performance, male enhancement, and sex life.
- If you have tried and not seen improvement with Viagra, Cialis, or other ED medications.
- If you suffer from Lichen Sclerosis or Peyronie’s disease.
Who is not a Candidate for P-Shot®?
The P-Shot is not recommended, and typically will not work, in the following situations:
- If you’ve never had an erection.
- If your erectile dysfunction is due to nerve damage from diabetes, a stroke, or spinal cord injury.
- If you are looking solely for a larger penis.
How is the Procedure Performed?
The results of this safe, non-surgical procedure are dramatic and long-lasting. In as little as 20 minutes, we do the following:
- A numbing cream is applied to the penis.
- A small amount of blood is drawn from the arm. Using a centrifuge, one of our doctors isolates platelets from that blood (platelet-rich plasma, or PRP), all within about 15 minutes in the office. The platelets are then “activated” to release at least eight growth factors that would normally be used to heal injured tissue. These growth factors work like magic to cause increased collagen and new blood flow.
- The liquid is transferred into a syringe and injected into the penis (with a tiny needle)using a method that distributes the growth factors in the proper way.
- A penis pump is used for 15 minutes. We recommend the usage of a specific penis pump immediately after the injection and to continue with a specific schedule for a few weeks after the procedure.
Few things in medicine will work exactly the same for all people receiving the same treatment. *About 60% of men improve after the first P-Shot and approximately 85% are thrilled after their second P-Shot. It typically takes about 12 weeks to see the full effect, and some men may require a series of two or three P-Shots, spaced 8 to 12 weeks in between, to reach their desired potential.
Things that may cause the P-Shot to be less effective include:
- Smoking; The P-Shot® procedure does not work well for people who smoke for the same reasons that a plastic surgeon would not perform a facelift or place breast implants on a smoker– the poisons in the cigarettes will kill the growth of the stem cells that are recruited and fertilized by the PRP. You will first need to stop smoking before we will perform the P-Shot®.
- Lack of exercise
- Vascular disease
- Not using the penis pump, as prescribed, for at least six weeks